Located in New Haven, Connecticut, our 17,000 square-foot facility has ample space to professionally process small and large outdoor fabrics – from a single window awning to a country club patio, from bimini tops to full boat enclosures, from a 6-pound sail to a 600-pound sail. We are a full-service processing center – from carrier or customer drop off, to inspection, cleaning and repairing, through wrapping, packaging for shipment, storing, or delivery. Your items never leave our warehouse, and each step is carefully handled by our own in-house specialists.
Cleaning & Treating
Our most popular service recommendation is, “Send us your dirty fabrics and we will return them to you cleaned and treated!” Awning Cleaning Industries provides top quality cleaning year-round for your outdoor fabrics. Most fabrics look better and last longer when they are cleaned periodically. Within our facility, we clean all fabrics by hand, using gentle but effective methods and APCO products that are formulated especially for us. These products are proven to remove mold, mildew, bird droppings, environmental dirt, and soiling that results from everyday use.
We use APCO products to treat your fabrics and to ensure that they will look better longer. These products, which are especially formulated for Awning Cleaning Industries, include water repellents, UV protectors, and mildew inhibitors.
Let us restore the beauty to your fabrics and make them the best they can be – a true reflection of your lifestyle.
Our process comprises the following steps:
- Inspection, to assess the need for any repairs
- Washing by hand, using environmentally friendly APCO products
- Air-drying, followed by application of APCO protectors
- Air-drying, plus polishing of any windows
- Proper packaging for storage or for return delivery
Along with our first class cleaning services, our repair services contribute greatly to our customers’ satisfaction.
Our repair services include but are not limited to:
- Restitching with standard or high-tech thread
- Braid repairs and replacements
- Patching – sewn, glued, and self-adhesive
- Zipper repair, replacement, and lubrication
- Snap, fastener, and grommet repair and replacement
- Boat enclosure window and screen replacement
- Size adjustments and upgrades
- Velcro replacement
All repairs are quoted in advance.
One stop shopping is always a plus … cleaned, repaired, and ready for use!
Awning Cleaning Industries has a fully insured warehouse, where your awnings and boat covers can be stored for the winter season. We tag each item and place them in our clean, safe storage area, all ready for spring. In the summertime, we offer storage for your winter awning covers, pool covers, and boat covers.